Here’s the health care system explained in 6 steps. Click on the link to get an elaborated version.
1. Millions of people have health insurance thanks to the Affordable Care Act
2. You pay your premium every month like paying for Netflix or cable. A premium is an amount you need to pay for your health insurance policy.
3. Health insurance is like a piggy bank so there’s money when you need it
4. You can get health insurance from your employer. If so, they will pay a majority of your premium and the rest will come out of your paycheck automatically.
5. Sometimes you’ll have to pay a co-pay, a specific dollar amount, when you go fill a prescription or go to the doctor.
6. There’s also a deductible: an amount you pay out of your own pocket before insurance starts paying.